On Fri August 7 2009 1:20:23 pm Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > @WSDLDocumentation - this is a START of being able to add some
> > documentation nodes to the generated wsdl.  It's not really working well
> > yet, but it at least is a starting point.  Most likely, I'll need to
> > break this into a couple annotations since there are  a LOT of places in
> > a wsdl that documentation can be added.   If people have thoughts on how
> > this should look, please let me know.  (this requires a lot of updates to
> > ServiceWSDLBuilder as well to copy docs from the service model into the
> > generated wsdl.)
>
> A starting point might be to use the annotated target to decide where to
> add the documentation element; I did something similar in JBossWS some
> time ago; it basically generates the documentation element in the
> generated wsdl on portType (annotation on the SEI class) or on operation
> (annotation on a method in the SEI).

Yea.  Right now I have @WSDLDocumentation on the SEI -> portType and on the
IMPL -> wsdl:service.   However, there needs to be a way to add "top level"
(very top of wsdl:definition) documentation.   Not sure "where" that goes.
Maybe make the annotation on the impl go there instead of wsdl:service....
Maybe separate attribute in @WSDLDocumentation.... Not really sure.

Now, @WSDLDocumentation on a method....   does that document the portType
operation, the binding operation, the "response" message, the "return" part in
the response message?  How about docs for the request message?

That's kind of why I've marked this as a "starting point" that I need to think
about some more.   It's probably going to be a collection of annotations for
various places.   Kind of @WSDLRequestDocumentation,
@WSDLOperationDocumentation, etc....  Not really sure though.   requires a bit
more thought.    There's just too many places to stick docs in the wsdl.  :-(

> > What other things would people be interested in accomplishing via
> > annotations?
>
> What about annotations (2 would probably be enough) for providing (a
> link to) policy fragments? Another way of setting policies when doing
> code first development.

Yea, that falls into the security stuff more or less since I'm thinking the
security stuff is the security-policy stuff.  Thus, you need to attach a
policy.

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org