Daniel Kulp wrote:
On Fri August 7 2009 1:20:23 pm Alessio Soldano wrote:
Daniel Kulp wrote:
@WSDLDocumentation - this is a START of being able to add some
documentation nodes to the generated wsdl.  It's not really working well
yet, but it at least is a starting point.  Most likely, I'll need to
break this into a couple annotations since there are  a LOT of places in
a wsdl that documentation can be added.   If people have thoughts on how
this should look, please let me know.  (this requires a lot of updates to
ServiceWSDLBuilder as well to copy docs from the service model into the
generated wsdl.)
A starting point might be to use the annotated target to decide where to
add the documentation element; I did something similar in JBossWS some
time ago; it basically generates the documentation element in the
generated wsdl on portType (annotation on the SEI class) or on operation
(annotation on a method in the SEI).

Yea. Right now I have @WSDLDocumentation on the SEI -> portType and on the IMPL -> wsdl:service. However, there needs to be a way to add "top level" (very top of wsdl:definition) documentation. Not sure "where" that goes. Maybe make the annotation on the impl go there instead of wsdl:service.... Maybe separate attribute in @WSDLDocumentation.... Not really sure.

Now, @WSDLDocumentation on a method.... does that document the portType operation, the binding operation, the "response" message, the "return" part in the response message? How about docs for the request message? That's kind of why I've marked this as a "starting point" that I need to think about some more. It's probably going to be a collection of annotations for various places. Kind of @WSDLRequestDocumentation, @WSDLOperationDocumentation, etc.... Not really sure though. requires a bit more thought. There's just too many places to stick docs in the wsdl. :-(
Yes, I agree, there're probably just two ways, providing all those annotations (@WSDLDocumentation, @WSDLPortDocumentation, @WSDLOperationDocumentation, @WSDLRequestDocumentation, etc.) or having something like a parent @WSDLDocumentationCollection annotation defined as:

@Target(ElementType.TYPE)
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
public @interface @WSDLDocumentationCollection {
  @WSDLDocumentation[] value();
}

with @WSDLDocumentation having an attribute for setting the right position.

What other things would people be interested in accomplishing via
annotations?
What about annotations (2 would probably be enough) for providing (a
link to) policy fragments? Another way of setting policies when doing
code first development.

Yea, that falls into the security stuff more or less since I'm thinking the security stuff is the security-policy stuff. Thus, you need to attach a policy.
OK, good :-)

Cheers
Alessio

--