I'm one of the ones passionately hating spring-dm.

I'd be very very very happy to remove spring.
I'd also be more than happy to remove spring since it has gone from
"Hey this is great for devs" to let us re-invent every wheel out there.

Count me in.

/je

On Sep 27, 2010, at 7:44 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I finally got around to reading the survey.
>
> I have a few observations about the obvious. We love jetty. Our users
> do not. Our users love tomcat. We do not. One might feel motivated to
> shift tests to tomcat, or add tests with tomcat ... except that we
> don't get a lot of JIRum on plain tomcat.
>
> The survey, on the other hand, reiterates the high pain level
> associated with the big app servers that make it hard to get the
> classpath right for CXF. I have no idea if we can do anything except
> write more documentation.
>
> More documentation would certainly be appreciated.
>
> It looks like our close and personal relationship with Spring
> continues to really inconvenience very few and serve the majority. I
> wonder if we would want to invest energy in merely designing some
> scheme to make Spring more removable to assist some volunteer in
> working on it?
>
> There are some WS-*'s that would make an impression.
>
> Java-first issues sure attract the vocal if not the numerous.

Johan Edstrom

j...@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.