Hi Jean,

> Am I misinterpreting this statement? It sounds to me that it should work
> with 'queryConfigEnabled=true' instead of 'queryConfigEnabled=false'?

It could be a bit confusing but I will try to explain (please let me know
if it makes sense to you):

 - when 'queryConfigEnabled=false', CXF will dynamically replace the URL in
SwaggerUI,
   in this respect the value won't be taken from the query string but from
`url` property
   of the SwaggerUI configuration

 - when 'queryConfigEnabled=true', CXF will do nothing and just forward query
parameters to
   SwaggerUI, hoping it will somehow take care of it (basically turns off the
URL replacement),
   that needs custom SwaggerUI distribution

I hope it explains the behavior, please let me know if it is still misleading
(so we could
improve the documentation). Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Swagger2Feature#Swagger2Feature-ConfiguringSwaggerUI(3.2.7+)
JPU> reconfigured the usage of the swagger features as:

JPU>         <!-- CXF Swagger2Feature -->
JPU>         <bean id="SwaggerUiConfig"
JPU> class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.swagger.ui.SwaggerUiConfig">
JPU>                 <property name="queryConfigEnabled" value="true"/>
JPU>                 <property name="url" value="swagger.yaml"/>
JPU>         </bean>
JPU>         <bean id="swagger2Feature"
JPU> class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.swagger.Swagger2Feature">
JPU>                 <property name="supportSwaggerUi" value="true" />
JPU>                 <property name="swaggerUiConfig" ref="SwaggerUiConfig"/>
JPU>         </bean>

JPU> With this configuration:
JPU> * Retrieving the swagger.yaml specification works with the url:
JPU> http://l-p53-008:8082/idp/rest-services/swagger.yaml ('idp' is the war
JPU> rootpath and 'rest-services' is the CXF-servlet path)
JPU> http://l-p53-008:8082/idp/rest-services/api-docs?url=swagger.yaml FAILS ?
It
JPU> loads the petshop store yaml specification.

JPU> When I change above configuration to:

JPU>         <!-- CXF Swagger2Feature -->
JPU>         <bean id="SwaggerUiConfig"
JPU> class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.swagger.ui.SwaggerUiConfig">
JPU>                 <property name="queryConfigEnabled" value="false"/>
JPU>                 <property name="url" value="swagger.yaml"/>
JPU>         </bean>
JPU>         <bean id="swagger2Feature"
JPU> class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.swagger.Swagger2Feature">
JPU>                 <property name="supportSwaggerUi" value="true" />
JPU>                 <property name="swaggerUiConfig" ref="SwaggerUiConfig"/>
JPU>         </bean>

JPU> Then:
JPU> * Retrieving the swagger.yaml specification works with the url:
JPU> http://l-p53-008:8082/idp/rest-services/swagger.yaml ('idp' is the war
JPU> rootpath and 'rest-services' is the CXF-servlet path)
JPU> http://l-p53-008:8082/idp/rest-services/api-docs?url=swagger.yaml SUCCEEDS
?
JPU> It loads the swagger.yaml specification.

JPU> The confluence WIKI page above specifically mentions:
JPU> "Apache CXF prior to 3.4.6 / 3.5.1 passed Swagger UI configuration (url,
JPU> ...) as query parameters. Starting from Swagger UI 4.1.3, most of query
JPU> parameters are not accepted anymore (due to security concerns), and Apache
JPU> CXF employes different strategy and tries to replace the URL dynamically
JPU> (inside HTML) when serving Swagger UI's front web page. This behaviour
could
JPU> be turned on by setting queryConfigEnabled  property of the SwaggerUiConfig
JPU> to true (the default value is false )."

JPU> Am I misinterpreting this statement? It sounds to me that it should work
JPU> with 'queryConfigEnabled=true' instead of 'queryConfigEnabled=false'?

JAX-RS

https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ws/rs/container/DynamicFeature.html

https://aredko.blogspot.com/2016/02/your-jax-rs-apis-were-not-born-equal.html

https://cxf.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/swagger/Swagger2Customizer.html
> [...]

JPU>     Andriy Redko

>> Hi Andriy,
>> I am again getting into trouble with server endpoint declarations. Now
>> because I am adding additional JAX-RS endpoints.
>> The issue is with:
>> 1.      The 'address' attribute on the <jaxrs:server> declaration in
>> combination with
>> 2.      The 'url-pattern' for the CXFServlet declaration in the web.xml in
>> combination with
>> 3.      The @Path declaration in the interface class in combination with
>> 4.      The @Path declaration on the interface method in combination with
>> So what I had is that my web application deployed under baseUlr 'op' had
>> one JAXRS server endpoint with declarations like:
>> 1.      <jaxrs:server id="restServer" basePackages="be.dvtm.aeo.op.sodexo"
>> address="/">
>> 2.      <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
>> 3.      @Path("accounts") on the public interface class
>> 4.      @Path("/{authorisationId}/customerFund") on the customerFund
>> interface method
>> A valid API call would thus be e.g.:
>> https://<hostname>:<port>/op/services/accounts/{authorizationId}/custo
>> merFund
>> And this works correctly.
>> We're now introducing additional JAX-RS service endpoints and now I am
>> running into problems. This second endpoint was declared with:
>> 1.      <jaxrs:server id="resourceServer"
>> basePackages="be.dvtm.aeo.op.resources" address="/">
>> 2.      <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
>> 3.      @Path("resources") on the public interface class
>> 4.      @Path("/NACE") on the NACE interface method
>> So here a valid API call woud be:
>> https://<hostname>:<port>/op/services/resources/NACE.
>> The problem is that I can not declare two <jaxrs:server> entries with the
>> same ‘address’ as it throws the exception:
>> Caused by: org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException:
>> There is an endpoint already running on /.
>>  So I tried changing the addresses to:
>> ·       address=”accounts” for the restServer
>> ·       address=”resources” for the resourceServer
>> But to keep the API-call URLs the same I removed the @Path declaration on
>> the interface classes. By doing so the <jaxrs:server> bean declarations no
>> longer loads successfully.
>> So I tried to keep the @Path declaration on the interface classes but
>> changed them to @Path(“”). That does seems to work except the swagger
>> stuff no longer correctly works.

>> So what is the decent way to setup multiple JAX-RS server endpoints where
>> each server has its own configuration regarding supported features:
>> ·       own validation
>> ·       own object and exception mappings
>> ·       own swagger file generation
>> ·       own logging (in separate file if possible)
>> I am using Apache CXF-3.5.2 which uses swagger-core v1.6.6 in cooperation
>> with swager-ui v4.5.0.
>> Below the declarations of my endpoints <<...>> Thanks for any advice.

-class>>>>>