Yeah, ASF doesn't *require* an isolated installation. This link talks
about securing keys:

  https://infra.apache.org/release-signing.html#where

ASF only recommends removable media or isolated installation, but
doesn't require it. As long as your laptop is secure and your key is
properly protected with a good passphrase and permissions, you should be
fine.