I don't have the old builds installed, but I thought this was possible
in the older releases. You could not do it from the control itself, but
you could do it by setting the display format for the column on the
result set. I am all but positive this worked before, with numeric
controls.

What do you mean by "setting the display format for the column on the
result set"?
And are you talking about numerical table control columns or simple
numerical controls which you say respected those settings?

If you open a table by double clicking it, or run a query you can select a column and set column format. I thought this setting used to be passed along to any form that used this as the data source for the controls. Perhaps I was wrong.

Now in checking the one database where I was sure I used this I find that I was using formatted field controls for numerics and setting the alignment at the control.

However it is a work around for Peter perhaps.

Sorry. :-(

Drew