Martin d'Anjou wrote:
Hello,

I started using OO Base with ODBC and MySQL. It was slow to the point of being unusable, and I almost gave up. However, I found that if I use the IP address of the database server rather than the hostname, things go much faster.

What I did was edit the /etc/odbc.ini and put the IP for the Server field, like this:

[MySQL-test]
Description     = MySQL database test
Driver          = MySQL
Server          = 10.16.5.37
Database        = test
Port            = 3306

It sounds like a DNS problem on your intranet. Try MySQL Administrator/Setup Variables/Advanced Networking/ and uncheck the Disable caching of host-names.