andrew wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:

andrew wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:
Ah, yes. I'd still prefer this to be done automatically when the data exceeded the field capacity, perhaps after verification that this is what's wanted, but I'm glad the new version will at least allow the redefinition without data destruction or programmerese. (In my former life, I was a programmer in IBM's Federal Systems Division
Not as in Gaithersburg, MD by any chance? 10 years ago I was supporting DOE as a developer with BDM in their Germantown offices.
Yes -- my initial training (in 1966) was in Bethesda, they had just built their first building in Gaithersburg and only five offices were in use! And 270 was a two-lane road with mostly cow pastures along it. We (my husband and I) kept being in that area for a few years, then somewhere else for a few years, then back, and we usually had a hard time finding our way around again. Our last project had us in the Atlantic City area but frequently going to Rockville. Never worked in Germantown, though.

for thirty years, but SQL was never a language I needed more than a nodding acquaintance with. Lots of others, but not that!) Anyway, Issue 2 is officially declared dead. Thanks for the pointer to the documentation - though I suspect there's a typo, right?

Ah, yes - a small typo.