Hello Barbara,

> Thanks for the explanation, Frank. This modality is pretty confusing for
> somebody who's used to "update queries" from that other program! Maybe
> the doc should all make it clear that the Designer is only for SELECT
> commands (nothing else produces a result set, right?), and the Tools |
> SQL option is for all the rest. The examples included for that all
> looked truly administrative, be nice if it mentioned UPDATE. The term
> "administrative" is easily misunderstood, it brings to mind  "something
> only the database administrator is supposed to do" and has the
> implication of being separate from the actual content of the data.

While you are at submitting bugs: The best way to ensure the help gets
updated is to submit issues for it.

> Interestingly, the Designer would save the invalid form of the command
> (the TRIM with missing parameters) but neither of the valid ones,

which might also be worth an issue. Seems our parser thinks that TRIM
doesn't require parameters.

> Now I think it's time for me to go back through all this, submit any
> RFEs/bug reports that aren't already there, and post a summary with all
> the reference numbers that apply to the things I've run into.

Thanks.

> It'll
> probably take a while to get to it, though. Should the addition of
> leading and trailing blanks for copies from Writer be considered a bug,
> or is changing that an RFE?

Definitely a bug.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -