On Thursday 30 August 2007 04:04:12 Barbara Duprey wrote:

Hi Barbara,

> [...]

If you, like many of us, use OOo in production and need to rely on data safety
as much as is humanly possible with the current release, then upgrade to
2.2.1 and wait for 2.3 to be declared stable. I test the dev builds alongside
the stable releases, simply because I, like you, can't afford to have
production data mangled by an app, and because I have a pool of heterogeneous
OS running OOo at work (Linux, Mac, FreeBSD and the occasional Windows). We
mainly have Kubuntu workstations, and they use the Kubuntu package prepared
by that dev group (with all its faults and bugs, some of them very annoying
to me, but my staff seem to get by). My problem is not of having the latest
whingdiz features, but having an office suite that is overall stable (i.e.
every module we use at work) and doesn't lose or reformat your data in
unexpected ways (to the extent that such is possible with any software
program :-) )

Alex