Am Montag, den 17.09.2007, 16:58 +0000 schrieb Drew:
> Hi Mark,

Hi Dru! ;)

sed s/k/c/ please ...

> It seems to me that this particular RFE is very specific in its nature
> and scope, while the general question of an import / export manager is
> a broad feature. Copies of the remarks from the mailing list that
> speak to the specific request make sense, but then again I don't think
> it is a matter of convincing someone in the development group to look
> favorably on the task. :>)

I have no fear that this single task will be of some interest to the
developers because users are asking for it.

But you're right, having this and other import/export tasks summarized
under the roof of a specialized management GUI would be the long term
goal.

I have no idea how long it takes to UNO'ize two services, but I'm pretty
sure it'll be faster than the creation of a concept and specification
for a data transfer manager.

How could that manager look like and how should it work?

> The only thing I would add is that it may be more appropriate to enter
> it a feature request for the broader question of an import / export
> module for Base. If I understand the process correctly this would
> allow a place to collect all the specific RFE's that would be needed
> in developing the module.

I second this approach. Nonetheless having a quick solution would be a
relief for users actually dealing with .csv and .dbf. And it could be a
first step towards the final goal.

Regards,
Marc