Hi,

from the last threads here and from testing I've derived some
observations regarding import into OO.o base. For me personally the most
important one is importing external file type databases or single
tables.

I'm talking about import DBase (.dbf) or textual data (.csv) into base
without the need of using calc as an intermediate tool. I'm *not*
talking about .mdb files here because I think this is a topic on it's
own with special needs and another quality: it has not only one table
but many, it has queries, forms and more.

In general all of this stuff looks relatively easy to achive in reusing
things already made: the import wizard and the import dialog calc is
presenting when opening a "comma separated values"-file.

In principle it would be enough to start the import wizard on .dbf and
the .csv-dialog both with a base table as target, wouldn't it?

And more important: Would it be possible from the programmers view?

Additions and suggestions are very welcome,
Marc