Hi Frank

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany escribió:
Hi Ariel,

the wizard mixes the column names of the source, but not the data.

Steps to reproduce it:

Lazy as I am, I tried with an .odb as source only - did you use an .odb,
a ConnectionResource, or an ActiveConnection?

Okay, with an ActiveConnection obtained directly at the DriverManager,
the column names are alphabetically sorted :-\

not necessarily: with dBase/OOo Calc just ConnectionResource + Command + CommandURL

Fixed.

While we're at the driver manager ... should the DataAccessDescriptor
support a property "ConnectionSettings" or such, which is used when
there is a ConnectionResource? Would safe the small overhead of every
client obtaining the connection itself (and being responsible itself for
disposing it).

you mean wrapping the info that's needed by the XDriver/Manager?
If so, it will be useful so that I do not need to create a connection myself. I've found that in *CSV* source it is a *MUST*, and in *dBase* it is a *MAYBE*: one *may* need the create a connection in order to set the Charset and the ShowDeleted:

PropertyValue[] info = new PropertyValue[2];
info[0] = new PropertyValue( "Charset", 0, aCharset, PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE ); info[1] = new PropertyValue( "ShowDeleted", 0, new Boolean(bShowDeleted), PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE );
            XDriverManager xDriverManager = (XDriverManager)
                    UnoRuntime.queryInterface(
                        XDriverManager.class,

xContext.getServiceManager().createInstanceWithContext(
                            "com.sun.star.sdbc.DriverManager", xContext));
            if (xDriverManager!=null){
                try {
xConnection = xDriverManager.getConnectionWithInfo(
                        dBaseURL, info);
                } catch (SQLException ex){
                    ex.printStackTrace();
                }
            }

Bye
Ariel

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.