Fernand Vanrie wrote:

when its means that "you can later create a query" means "you can RUN a query"

then is understand the lot :-)

I sent an earlier reply - but now that I see this I am left to ponder if the Help text author was not intending to explain what happens with the Query-in-Query feature.

Base allows you to use an existing query definition as if it where a table inside of a new query definition.

So - again assume you have a query Query1 that has a replacement parameter SearchName.

Later you could create a new Query2 that includes Query1 as a record source ( as if it where a table ) and when Query2 is RUN it would prompt for the "SearchName" parameter also.

Drew