Fernand Vanrie wrote:

"if you formulate a parameter query and you save it with the variables, you can later create a query in which only the variables have to be replaced by the expressions that you want. OpenOffice.org asks for these variables in a dialog as soon as you open the query."

Can someone explains me what thats means ?

Hello Fernand,

I suppose that what the help text is trying to explain is.

Using the Base query designer to construct a query definition that includes variables. For instance create a new query with the designer that with the definition: -
SELECT * FROM "Table1" WHERE "Table1"."Name" = :SearchName

Save this query definition with the name "Query1".
Now if you open "Query1" from the Base main window you will be prompted, in a dialog box, for the value to use in place of "SearchName" before the actual query is executed.

It is worth noting that if you create a FORM or a REPORT based on Query1 then you will be prompted for this replacement value when the FORM or REPORT is opened also.

Drew