Hi Max,

> here is a new testable version of the cws sqlsyntaxhighlighting[1].
>
> In addition to the last snapshot, which included the following features:
>
> - syntax highlighting in SQL view
> - bracket matching
> - font and font size configurable
>

> this snapshot now support these as well:
>
> - syntax highlighting and bracket matching in Tools-SQL as well
> (sometimes I really love programming ;-))
> - configurable colors in tools-options-appearance
> - parameters are highlighted as well

Cool stuff. Great idea to also use the same control in the Tools/SQL-dialog!

In general, it's looking better and better. Do you have a list of open
issues, or something like that, which shows how far you're from
finishing it?

Things I noticed while playing with it:
- changing the colors is not propagated to currently-open SQL views,
  you need to close and re-open them
- In Tools/Options/Appearance, "Strings" are listed with color
  "Automatic" = White, but in the SQL view, they're light green
  (which I continue to consider an unfortunate default, given the
  default background color is white)
- (really minor, only worth fixing if it's easy enough)
  - type
    SELECT hour("foo",
  - select the comma
  - type a closing parenthesis
  => only the opening parenthesis is bolded
  That is, when the parenthesis you type replaces a selection,
  bolding it does not work.

PS: I only played with the installation so far, I did not yet look into
the code you wrote. I plan to do so, but this requires a) to find out
how, in SVN, to display the changes which happened on a certain CWS
branch (excluding changes caused by rebasing the CWS, ideally) and b) time.