Hi Frank,

Yes, I already found out what IIRC meant. :-) I'm not of the sms generation!

I indeed played with the code and during my attempts removed registerObject. I believed it was not so important where this was done, because Juergen Schmidt moved these lines after all the property settings in his presentation at JAZOON07.

When I restore them BEFORE the props.setPropertyValue (the original position), then I get the errormessage: IllegalArgumentException; the datasource was not stored. Use the interface XStorable to store the data source. Please note that I replaced the mDataSourceName variable with "D36", just for standalone testing.

When I move the same lines AFTER the props.setPropertyValue, then I get the earlier DisposedException - closeConnection message.

Kind regards,
René

At 09:03 1-7-2009, you wrote:
Hi René,

> jurt.jar, ridl.jar and juh.jar are all stored in
> the directory ...OpenOffice.org 3\URE\java,
> nowhere else. unoil.jar is stored in
> ...OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\program\classes
> directory and nowhere else. I could not find
> something that starts with IIRC (no idea what it is as well!).

Uhm, sorry, IIRC is an abbreviation for "If I remember correctly" :)

> All my code steps check for exception conditions,
> but all the previous steps seem to succeed and to
> return correct values. If the jars are ok, what
> next can I check? It would be nice if I could use
> a kind of trace to check what is going on behind
> the scenes, but I believe that is not possible?

Sorry, I do not know at all whether tracing the Java UNO bridge is
possible (and I indeed think it's that bridge which causes problems here).

Sadly, I do not really have new ideas what could cause this, really the
only possible reason I know about is the incompatible jar files, but you
convincingly denied this.

Not sure if the code you're using is still the code you pointed to, or
if you already adjusted it. If the former, then please try moving the
"xServ.registerObject(..." line *after* the setPropertyValue. Would be
interesting to know whether the problem then still happens, and in which
line. I somehow suspect the DisposedException might be moved to the
*second* setPropertyValue then. In other words, I suspect that something
about the registerObject is killing your connection.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -