Hi Fernand,

> For months i am looking for the best solutions to manipulating data in
> Dialogs instead of forms.

Just this morning, sitting in the subway and having no newspaper to read
:), I wondered whether it would make sense to implement the runtime code
for all the database controls in dialogs. Adding a full-blown dedicated
UI for creating "database dialogs" would be an additional effort, but
perhaps it would be valueable having only the "runtime", i.e. the
ability to programmatically create and execute such dialogs. As a first
step, at least.

> So i was missing a GridControl.
> Last week i Readed on Gulfoss that a new AWT UNO Dialog GridControl is
> coming, I discused with the makers why there is no "dataloader"
> available.  They told me that this GridControl is a "developer" tool and
> we have to build our proper Loading stuff..... I can do that  but it wil
> be terible slow using loops over the resultset.....

Not olnly that, it won't scale. IIRC, the API for the new table control
requires you to have all data in memory, something you usually won't do
with a complete result set. Instead, there you usually only hold the
data which is displayed (plus some cached data), and re-fetch everything
else as needed.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -