Drew Jensen wrote:

Right now then I'll go check the trigger statement against a stand alone HSQLdb engine...and then maybe use the HSQLdb supplied sample for triggers in the Base file (Table and Trigger def).

Ok - so it is my trigger statement.

Tried the supplied trigger definition in the hsql testrun file, it works just fine under Base.

[Almost - ]

I added a PK to the test table so that the table can be edited in a dataview.
The first 2 times a record is added to the TEST the trigger fails to fire.
*note*..for me, if I insert data via the SQL window only the first insert fails...LOL..I love software.

then l - there is a problem when I can run a statement, Base says it runs successfully and then creates an unusable script file.

*smile*...if nothing else an issue BTKATC...

Anyway I'm attaching the Base file with the AFTER INSERT trigger on the TEST table, after insert a copy is placed in the log table...least that is the idea.

Drew