Ok - how much of the new features in 1.9 should be usable in Base.

I don't mean via the GUI, rather
- Is there anything in the engine that is being suppressed in the embedded implementation?
- Triggers , Procedures/Functions, etc

How about the other way - Anything that under 3.2 was not available that will be in 3.3 (HSQL1.9)?

For instance - I've created a couple of tables and added indexes, FKs via SQL window, works fine. Tried to add a trigger and...well, not quite working.

1) Create the table, indexes and trigger directly one after the other in the SQL window:
-- Base accepts each command
-- Can add/delete/edit data
-- Trigger does not function/but doesn't generate an error either (ok, probably me and the trigger def. being wrong at this point...)
-- Close file
-- HSQLdb engine will not start on next open, the CREATE TRIGGER statement generated in the script file is the rejected command

2) Create the table, indexe in the SQL window:
-- Base accepts
-- Can add/edit/delete data
-- Close file
-- Open and there is no problem
-- Run save CREATE TRIGGER statement as used in (1) above and it is rejected due to a RIGHTS violation in the engine.

Right now then I'll go check the trigger statement against a stand alone HSQLdb engine...and then maybe use the HSQLdb supplied sample for triggers in the Base file (Table and Trigger def).

But - before I get to far into these newer features just wanted to be sure that they are actually expected to work - meaning that they aren't be turned off in the implementation here.

Thanks

Drew