Hi Drew,

On 10/18/09 08:40, Drew Jensen wrote:
Drew Jensen wrote:

Right now then I'll go check the trigger statement against a stand alone HSQLdb engine...and then maybe use the HSQLdb supplied sample for triggers in the Base file (Table and Trigger def).

Ok - so it is my trigger statement.

Tried the supplied trigger definition in the hsql testrun file, it works just fine under Base.

[Almost - ]

I added a PK to the test table so that the table can be edited in a dataview. The first 2 times a record is added to the TEST the trigger fails to fire. *note*..for me, if I insert data via the SQL window only the first insert fails...LOL..I love software.
It's strange that it works for the first time when inserting it by SQL. That the 2 first inserts doesn't trigger inserts into LOG is correct. When you have a look at the table in script you'll see that the increment starts at zero and the trigger is called when id > 1. So id=0 and id=1 doesn't call the trigger.

then l - there is a problem when I can run a statement, Base says it runs successfully and then creates an unusable script file.
Could you send me the sql statement to reproduce it. All I could finger out so far is that when the database is read-only it has a problem with the trigger statement. I'll notify the developer of hsqldb.

- oj

*smile*...if nothing else an issue BTKATC...

Anyway I'm attaching the Base file with the AFTER INSERT trigger on the TEST table, after insert a copy is placed in the log table...least that is the idea.

Drew