Hi Drew,

On 10/17/09 22:34, Drew Jensen wrote:
The Windows version is non-product build where more assertions are visible as you would see in other cases. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Non_Product_Build
It says that all debug messages should be submitted as issue, with ASSERT: in summary.

What to do if I found one or more such assertions, in  CWS hsqldb19.
Create screenshot and put it to wiki page as Drew did, or submit issue?

Hi Zoltan,

Actually I'll be, most likely, opening issues also - not just updating the wiki page. The wiki page, I'm hoping will serve a different purpose - to be able to go back through the page and generate one or more test scenarios. I'm trying to document each interaction (create something, alter something) and as I do assign it to the functional section it is testing.

With the number of assertions/errors/warings being displayed to screen however I need to 1) start some issues 2) break the wiki page down into sub-pages for the different functional areas..else, I'm going to be lost pretty quick.

ALSO
@Ocke, or ?: Using the 10/16/09 CWSHsql19 build I get lots of errors in things that are not directly related to Base/HSQL or even Base. For instance trying to install the XRay macro via the distribution writer file found at OOoMacros.org. Under this build opening the pre-2.0 writer file generates a flurry of errors - but does open - trying to run the macro that installs XRay generates even more errors, then hangs the system and the XRay basic library is NOT copied into the system. Do I chaulk this up to the odd build, or report this in the issue tracker under framework?
First of all nobody could hinder you to submit issues. ;-) The difference between a debug (non-product) build and product build is that you see much more assertions as you would normally see. In a perfect world that wouldn't be the case but it is. 2nd in my personal opinion I like perfect worlds and I'm developing with the debug build and assertions could point to an error which have to be fixed or they have to be removed. So it's your choice what to do, I would prefer issues to get rid of the nasty assertions. The worst thing what could happen that it is a duplicate one. by the way when the assertion pops up you can copy the text which CTRL+C :-)

Best regards,

Ocke

Drew

Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Nagelsweg 55                      mailto:ocke.jans...@sun.com
D-20097 Hamburg                   http://www.sun.com/staroffice

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schr?der, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel