Can you point me to a location where I can found where "Redistribution By Proxy" is defined.

Paul Franz

David Boreham wrote:
Paul Franz wrote:

As a way around the redistribution restriction, couldn't a person create their application to use the Berkley DB JE API, but not redistribute it. Instead have the person installing the application grab it and install it separately. Therefore the person distributing the application would not be violating the license while still letting them develop against it.

Is the above correct, or am I missing something?

I think this is called Redistribution by Proxy, and it's not allowed (or rather
it puts you in exactly the same position wrt the licence as if you had
distributed the bits directly).

GPL'ed code like the JE basically makes you release all the source
code for the process into which you link it. This is one of the things
that the Apache Licence doesn't make you do, so they're fundamentally
different.

I guess Apache DS depends on a Java runtime, and Java isn't Apache Licensed,
but presumably that's not a problem...

To remove yourself from this list, send an
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]