On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 6:06 AM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Its not clear if you intended this to be the IPMC vote or the dev vote.

Sorry. it is my first time doing incubator project release. If I made
something wrong, please let me know.

This is vote is intended to for the IPMC vote.

> -1 Since the release does not include the DISCLAIMER file and README does
> not include the DISCLAIMER text (either would be fine per policy, but
> generally we look for DISCLAIMER).

Gotcha. We will try to add this.

> There were no binaries in the source.

The source package only includes source codes. The binaries are shipped as
two separated packages, one is service package, the other one is benchmark
package. Is there a policy about packaging?

> NOTICE should be updated for 2017.

Will update this.

> I'm not sure why the NOTICE includes Hadoop references.  Do you still ship
> modified versions?

Ah, here is the discussion about the NOTICE includes Hadoop references.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-distributedlog-dev/201701.mbox/browser

I think we are following what other projects were doing when we are making
a similar code change. And there is a JIRA to follow up after this release.
Do you see a major concern here? If so, we will address it in the new RC.

Thanks,

Sijie