Martina Waller wrote:
Perhaps it would be easier to split up the big User Manual in application manuals (one manual for Writer, one for Calc etc.)?

That is what OOoAuthors has done: separate Writer Guide, Calc Guide, etc.

Where does the "Getting Started Guide" from Sun fit in there?

I didn't know there was a Sun "Getting Started Guide". I do know that OOoAuthors has produced a book of that name.

Do we have any possibilities to update the printable material and transfer it into our wiki?

Over the past 2 weeks I have been talking on this list about the possibility of putting the books from OOoAuthors on the wiki, because I think it would be very good to have material in as many different forms as possible -- because different users prefer different forms, or learn better from different forms.

I think a mix of documentation (books, short how-to's, wiki, other things on web) is best, but of course it depends on having the people to do it. If we can reuse the same material in different forms, that would work very well, I think. That is a major reason I was thinking about putting the OOoAuthors guides on the wiki.

--Jean