Nino Novak wrote:
On Friday 11 September 2009 13:17, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
Nino Novak wrote:
Clayton wrote:
As for the different structure... is this because you've found a
better way to present the information?
E.g. Chapter 6 (Data pilot) of the Calc Guide has been written in
German from scratch, it's not a translation at all.

:-) The English version of that chapter was translated from the
: German

chapter that Nino mentions. That's because the German chapter was
much more detailed and complete than the original English chapter.

I probably made some other (minor) changes to the English version of
that chapter, so it may no longer be a direct translation.

Ok, so I might have looked at the wrong document. Where can I find this translated version?

Oh, that's right, I also reorganised the sequence of chapters in the English Calc Guide for OOo3, to put the chapters on input, formatting, and output before the chapters on calculations and data analysis.

The English chapter on DataPilot is now Chapter 8.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Calc_Guide/DataPilot

ODT is here:
http://www.oooauthors.org/english/userguide3/calc3/cg3_draft/cg3-ch8-datapilot/view

So to answer Clayton's question of different structure of a book: yes, the new sequence of chapters seemed more logical to me from the average user's point of view.

--Jean