It makes sense to standardize everything to a master template that
everyone works to improve.  All changes flow out from the master
template.  All translations flow out from the master template.  From
that point if someone really really wants to create an alternative, they
can easily spin off something of their own composition.

Agreed, but.. that only works if the master templates and ideas are the best they can be. The questions Nino is asking are what we need to weed out the less than optimal processes we're currently using. :-) Nino has raised a good point regarding the localizations and breadcrumbs...

I love that we as a team can discuss these things - and I'm definitely open to changing my mind on things. Once we understand why some things are done the way they are now, we can spot the ways to make them better.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead