Hi, Nino,

On 7/9/2010 04:17, Nino Novak wrote:
Hi all,

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 18:25, TJ Frazier wrote:
On 7/6/2010 11:58, Sigrid Carrera wrote:

I'm not Nino, but I'm replying anyways.

Thanks, Sigrid (see below)

I just tested inserting ยต with the Formula editor. Indeed, the user
is right - %mu doesn't work in the German version. You have to use
%my. Same is true for %nu and %ny.

What about "%[uU]psilon"?

I guess, we have to change the guide then. ;)

I changed it in the Wiki, and sent a mail to the Translator.

One quick question: where did you change something? The only German version I found was for Writer, Version 2:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DE/Dokumentation/OOo_2.x/Handb%C3%BCcher/Writer-Handbuch/Math-Befehlsverzeichnis#Griechische_Buchstaben

which is unchanged.
Thanks much for the confirmation. Yes, we will have to change the
guide, but we don't know what to say, yet. Either we need a caution
in the German version that there is an error, or a note in all
languages that these keywords may be localized.

IMHO, for the Guides it does not play a role why something is
implemented.

I suggest that it is important for the Guides to warn that their instructions may not apply to the user's particular version, and especially important to warn of changes to come (such as fixing an error). This means that the Guide writers have to do the homework, so that thousands of users don't have to.

I think the next step is to ask the localization folks whether this
is deliberate or accidental. If you know how to do that, please do;
otherwise, Nino will know. --/tj/

Thanks for your optimism ;-)

There are 3 obstacles:
I've got no working OOo3 installation ATM,
2nd, I've never been using Math and
3rd, my time is presently very very limited.

I can really sympathize with that... :-(

So maybe anybody else takes the lead, if not it has to wait (and might
be worth an issue)

Warm regards,
Nino

Many thanks for your efforts.