Hey Guys,

It sounds like we need to do a little more work on the Vector proposal
before the board would like to consider it. The main point of contention
right now is the name of the project. We need to decide on a name and get
it signed off through PODLINGNAMESEARCH.

Naming is extremely subjective so I'd like to propose a process for
selection that minimizes pain. This is an initial proposal and

We do the naming in the following steps
- 1: Collect a set of names to be considered
- 2: Run a vote for 2 days where each member ranks their top 10 options
1..10
- 3: Take the top ten vote getters and do a basic analysis of whether we
think that any have legal issues. Keep dropping names that have this until
we get with 10 reasonably solid candidate names
- 5: Take the top ten names and give people 48 hours to rank their top 3
names
- 6: Start a PODLINGNAMESEARCH on the top rank one, if that doesn't work,
try the second and third options.

I suggest we take name suggestions for step 1 from everyone but then
constrain the voting to the newly proposed project [1]. We could just do
this in a private email thread but I think doing it on Drill dev is better
in the interest of transparency. This isn't the perfect place for that but
I'm not sure a better place exists.

I'm up for changing any or all of this depending on what others think. Just
wanted to get the ball rolling on a proposed process.

If this works, I've posted a doc at [2] that we can use for step 1.

Thanks,
Jacques

[1] List of proposed new project members/voters: Todd Lipcon, Ted Dunning,
Michael Stack, P. Taylor Goetz, Julian Hyde, Julien Le Dem, Jacques Nadeau,
James Taylor, Jake Luciani, Parth Chandra, Alex Levenson, Marcel Kornacker,
Steven Phillips, Hanifi Gunes, Wes McKinney, Jason Altekruse, David Alves,
Zain Asgar, Ippokratis Pandis, Abdel Hakim Deneche, Reynold Xin.
[2]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q6UqluW6SLuMKRwW2TBGBzHfYLlXYm37eKJlIxWQGQM/edit#gid=0