Some fixes/improvements were made to the codebase since the last release,
and sadly an official release is needed to pick up those changes. Ray asked
the community more than a month ago. More recently, other people have been
asking too on the user mailing list.

Like I said, it might be okay to change the scope but what I'm asking is a
little help/transparency here because it looks like I'm chasing a moving
target. If we can clarify which new issues have to be part of the release
and why (depending on the severity), and how long we think it will take,
I'd hope we can have some constructive discussion.

As for the dependencies change:
- I actually wrote a pull request to address CVEs in both Hadoop and Jetty
- The Guava change will not address the most recent CVE. To address the
CVE, code must be changed, and it doesn't require a Guava update. The
change made to the Guava library was to deprecate the unsecure method... So
imho updating dependencies to address CVE without looking at the CVE itself
does not make things safer. So to address specifically the CVE, I opened a
new ticket (DRILL-7936 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7936>)
and a pull request (https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2240)