I claim that features have a different lifecycle to bugs. There may not be a
strong case for doing a particular feature today, but in a year, there may be a
greater demand. If a bugs are not fixed, their importance usually declines over
time.

Are people able to vote for features in GitHub issues? Are they able to vote to
them if they are closed? I think it’s useful for people to continue to chime in
on features, and eventually build consensus about what should be built.

Perhaps a label “not on roadmap” on a feature is all that is necessary to
manage people’s expectations. I agree that closing bugs makes sense because
(for some reason!) users assume that developers intend to fix every single bug.

Julian