Hi,

So, I just create a PR as I think I am currently finished with everything I
wanted to fix.

Edgent should now be buildable with Maven command. At least I managed to get
the travis build working with maven ☺

Here some structural changes I did. I refactored the project and extracted the
TestApplications.java together with its service descriptor into a dedicated
module located in the test submodule. Wherever a jar was referenced for
dynamically loading, now I don’t reference the jar where it’s created during
the build, I use the maven-dependency plugin to copy it to a location local to
the current module and simply load it from there. This way I didn’t have to
deal with any too complicated classpath lookups. I could not only run the tests
as part of the Maven build, but also directly inside my IDE (IntellIJ).

Now some helpful maven commands:

Simply build the project running all unit tests:

    mvn clean install

Deploy SNAPSHOTS in Apaches Maven repository:

    mvn clean deploy

Additionally, build and deploy source and javadoc artifacts (all signed and
require correct pgp setup on the client side):

    mvn clean deploy -Papache-release

Build without running tests:

    mvn clean install -DskipTests

The site generation still needs some love as it would currently run all test
twice.

Please have a look at this.

Chris