Hi,

So, I just added some changes to get the site generation working. To have a
look, just run

    mvn clean install site:site site:stage

After the build just go to the target/staging directory and open the index.html
in any browser. There you can see the generated site for the project.

Chris

Am 02.06.17, 20:59 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apa...@gmail.com>:

    Thanks, I’ve pulled it into my workspace and started to explore.
    — Dale

    > On Jun 2, 2017, at 11:26 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > So, I just create a PR as I think I am currently finished with everything
I wanted to fix.

    > Edgent should now be buildable with Maven command. At least I managed to
get the travis build working with maven ☺

    > Here some structural changes I did. I refactored the project and
extracted the TestApplications.java together with its service descriptor into a
dedicated module located in the test submodule. Wherever a jar was referenced
for dynamically loading, now I don’t reference the jar where it’s created
during the build, I use the maven-dependency plugin to copy it to a location
local to the current module and simply load it from there. This way I didn’t
have to deal with any too complicated classpath lookups. I could not only run
the tests as part of the Maven build, but also directly inside my IDE
(IntellIJ).

    > Now some helpful maven commands:
    >
    > Simply build the project running all unit tests:
    >
    >    mvn clean install
    >
    > Deploy SNAPSHOTS in Apaches Maven repository:
    >
    >    mvn clean deploy
    >
    > Additionally, build and deploy source and javadoc artifacts (all signed
and require correct pgp setup on the client side):

    >    mvn clean deploy -Papache-release
    >
    > Build without running tests:
    >
    >    mvn clean install -DskipTests
    >
    > The site generation still needs some love as it would currently run all
test twice.

    > Please have a look at this.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > Am 31.05.17, 18:41 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apa...@gmail.com>:
    >
    >    Christofer, can you create a [WIP] PR for this work?  Then I’ll have a
context from which I can review / ask stupid nubie questions :-)

    >    Also, what’s the executive summary for running maven to build a
release (or at least all of the jars) using this work?  And to run the tests?
I’d like to pull the changes into my workspace and really see what’s generated,
etc

<christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >> had some time to finish the maven migration … I just pushed the changes
to the “feature/maven” branch of my fork on github:
https://github.com/chrisdutz/incubator-edgent/tree/feature/maven
<https://github.com/chrisdutz/incubator-edgent/tree/feature/maven>