Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi all,

As already noted I am working on integration Jetty 6 in the http.jetty
bundle. On the course, I wonder, whether it would make sense to include
the Servlet API required by Jetty 6 in this bundle.

My reasoning for this is, that the servlet API version is closely tied
to the Servlet Container implementation we are using to implement the
OSGi HTTP Service specification. By including the API we also manifest
this tie by exporting the API from the same bundle as the HTTP Service
implementation.

WDYT ?

I think it is fine to include it. I guess the real question should be whether you export AND import it to allow some level of substitutability.