Dieter Wimberger wrote:

Actually I am the author of the project, so we can discuss it right here; and if you are interested, I guess we can also manage to release it under Apache 2 license (except the external SSH library, which is under a BSD license).

Interesting. Didn't know you were here. :-)

A first note I have is, that there is actually an OSGi port that I did myself, which is in the SVN repository on SourceForge:
http://telnetd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/telnetd/

When you say "an OSGi port", what exactly do you mean?

A question we should discuss is, if there are limits sought with regards to the runtime environment, because the codebase is Java 2 now (may be backportable, though).

Good question. I would certainly like to have a version that would work with older/smaller Java platforms. However, we don't require that all Felix subprojects work on Java platforms, it just makes them more useful if they can be...

-> richard

Regards,
Dieter