Hi,

Dieter Wimberger schrieb:
Richard:

The Felix console is the easiest part, I believe, since most of the work is done by the shell service.

Ok. Honestly I don't know, so I could not tell.

What is the scope of (1), i.e., what functionality is included in it.

At the moment that would be:
- Telnet
- SSH2 (based on Jaramiko)
- Poolable shells (based on commons-pool)
- Template based output (based on Stringtemplate/Antlr, uses XML files to store the templates)
- Scriptshell (based on Beanshell)

Jaramiko is currently embedded, the bundle is around 360 kB (160 are from jaramiko). There is also a dependency on commons-collections (buffers and cursorable linked list) and SLF4J (logging);

I for my part would of course love to see this in Apache Felix ! But I think it is perfectly worth it to keep it where it is (to spread the word and community around OSGi).

2 should live at felix (Apache) and may be derived from the old codebase. If you point me to a codebase I could get started from, I can invest some time to port and make it working with the newer telnetd codebase (i.e. 1).

Makes sense and, as I said, it is pretty simple.

I'll investigate a bit later to see if I can get it up and running in a felix container instance. I also try to make a short circuit with Craig to get this on the road.

+1 to get this into Felix

I think that your group/committee should decide if you want to get 1 and 2 or just 2 into the felix project. Either way I'd be doing as much as I can; it's a long term interest (because the online community I am a part of since years will switch soon, and we will continue to use the codebase in a production environment; all OSGi btw.).

Ok, great. We will see what others have to say. Thanks.

As I said, I am all for having (2) in Apache Felix and would warmly welcome (1) in Felix, too, if the licenses of the used libraries are ok.

Regards
Felix