Marcel Offermans wrote:
I'd prefer a name that reflects the main features of this logger. Something
like plugable logger, or log adapter. We have not made up these type of names
for our other components, so why start here?

That is not true, we have iPOJO, for example, but I supposed we could have called it scr.alternative.using.bytecode.manipulation. ;-)

The reason why this has not really been an issue up until now is that we don't have multiple implementations of anything. So, this is the first real case of that. From my perspective, names do make sense, but it does make sense too if we can organize around their functionality, which is why I suggested "log.flogger" for the directory name, not just "flogger".

Of course, even maintaining this could be difficult if we started to get lots of different implementations, so one could argue that we should just switch naming our subprojects. But I don't think it has come to that yet.

-> richard

Then again, I don't really mind. :)

Greetings, Marcel