Hi.

I have looked at the HttpService implementation in Felix and I had some
thoughts on how to improve the functionality. Over the past year I have
looked long and hard for a solution that has the following features:

  * Run inside a WAR on a 3rd part container.
  * Run stand-alone (using jetty).
  * Has servlet filter support.
  * Using whiteboard pattern for registering servlets / filters.

The road led me to Pax Web (supports filters, but only as a stand-alone
service) and Equinox Servlet Bridge (does not support filters). Whiteboard
registering pattern is implemented by the Pax guys, but does not support
filters inside a "bridged" environment.

So, eventually I was tired of looking for a solution out there and created
my own. This supports servlets and filters in both stand-alone and bridged
mode (WAR). Now I have come to a fork in the road. Should I donate the code
or host my own. I prefer to donate the code. But is the right place under
Felix umbrella or Pax Web umbrella? I see that more and more is created
under Felix and this implementation would be (in my opinion) a great
addition.

So, what do you guys think?

BR,
Sten Roger Sandvik