I'm taking the hat of the many developers out there in the world that use the API (the ones we cannot talk to and that do not read this mailing list) - 2.0.0 it is to not confuse them. See my response from this morning [1]

Also the Sling API has been stable for long (Bertrand has done a great job initially designing it), why would it be all the sudden not good anymore?

-Georg

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@felix.apache.org/msg47690.html

On 2019-02-01 14:00, Andrei Dulvac wrote:
Hi,

(Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look over it properly)

I'd just like to say I agree with Christian and Ray - a 2.0.0 initial
release is not only weird, but confusing. Why?
I support doing 0.X.0 releases until the api is proven to be stable and
then release *1.0.0*. Why 2.0.0?

- Andrei

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:53 PM Georg Henzler <fe...@ghenzler.de> wrote:

Hi Bertrand,

> Testing that on snapshots is not optimal IMO as those are potentially
> moving targets.

Let's do it like this then: I'll push a release 0.1.0 today (with
another short [VOTE] today that I would ask you to quickly vote +1 for)
and I'll leave this vote and [1] open until Christian and you had the
chance to test more in detail with non-SNAPSHOT 0.1.0 artifacts.

End of next week we can then close this vote if there is no good reason
to cancel it.

-Georg

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1279/