I agree that if appointed chair track self approves their own proposals
then it’s dangerous for the community.

This leads to centralisation of the selection process , I wonder if this
kind of process has been laid out by Apache code of conduct .

I would propose that community by and large discuss the idea of appointing
non business or independent chairs.

Looking at from legal perspective if a chair selects his /her talks or
tracks then I suppose  all other individual or contributors would want the
same to happen there should be some kind of limitations to the process
where these chairs could vote or ask to be voted by different community or
entities to get their talk selected .

In my opinion we need to actively resolve this immediately

--
Saransh Sharma
Research Partner

Sent from my phone