Saransh,

Wikipedia would have helped you on this one.  Greg Stein is one of the
earliest members of the Apache Software Foundation.  He was a long time
board member, including a board chair for five years.  He is currently
working as Infrastructure Administrator for The ASF where he has contact
with all 200 project communities.  I'm not certain, but he may not have
missed a single ASF board call for the last 20 years.  Beyond that Greg was
VP of Subversion for several years, and he has made significant
contributions to the Python programming language.  He is also one of the
incubation mentors for Apache Fineract.  We elected him into that role in
part to guide us on implementing the Apache way, and we were *honored* that
he chose to serve our community in that role.

Basically: you just told someone who played a significant role in defining
the Apache Way as part of his life's work, that he doesn't understand it.
Hence his reaction.

Best Regards,
Myrle Krantz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Stein