Hi Saransh,

Right now, the most important things we need to do on Fineract are to:

1.) Upgrade the major project dependencies.
     a.) Upgrade to Spring Boot 2 ( this is already in progress and needs
testing) .
     b.) Upgrade from Java 8 to Java 11 (LTS). Java 17 is another LTS
version but we can do that later.
     c.) Upgrade to a more recent version of Angular, say 10, 11 or 12. How
much effort do you think will be required for all these?
2.) Deploy a Sandbox Environment for Testing Fineract CN. So the community
will have a demo environment for playing around and learning about the new
system.
3.) Figure out how to Release Fineract CN. Myrle, Markus and Mark will help
us when we get here, they have a lot of experiences in that area. Others
will be available to help including Petri, Juhan, Mike, Aleks and many
others.
4.) Write Documentation on how to host Fineract CN on major Cloud
Infrastructure.
5.) Decide on how to host Fineract CN artifacts either using JFrog or
whatever solution is available out there... Juhan already did a lot of work
in that direction
6.) With 5. in place, we can figure out a complete CI/CD environment for
auto deploying to the sandbox environment we defined in 2. above..

There are so many things to do on Fineract CN. These are some of the most
important things which this community needs. We can start drawing up a road
map for these things and begin working on them.
As a community, we have not been able to achieve even a fraction of these
important goals over the past few years since the initial importation of
code into Apache Infra. Some powerful and forward thinking Orgs have hard
forked Fineract CN and are making progress and it has been successful for
them. This shows Fineract CN can work. Let's not abandon it, let's make it
better and even do an initial release of Apache Fineract CN before we start
talking about doing other things. We can build whatever blockchain or smart
contract solutions on top of the fundamental release. If we cannot do the
above as a community then we won't be able to do whatever you or
anyone else will propose.

Why have we not been able to make progress with releasing Apache Fineract
CN? Why? That should be a question on our minds.