The way I see it:

#1 Pros:  Uses Git.  Therefore you only need to know one SCM.  Any work with
a rich branching history retains that history when landing in the main
repos.
#1 Cons:  240MB initial download.  It took several hours for some folks.

#2 Pros:  Not sure.
#2 Cons:  I think it would be hard to switch between branches when you have
changes pending if you want to help out on someone else's whiteboard?  Fred
seemed to have other concerns.

#3 Pros:  Much easier to set up repos, I think.
#3 Cons:  Unclear about Apache approval.  Have to be careful about who else
contributes to your code.

#4 Pros:  Smaller initial download
#4 Cons:  Might be more work to transfer source from SVN to Git with
history?

For me, retaining history is way more important than waiting 2.5 hours once
for the initial download.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team