Hi,

Assuming we get the git hub mirrors up and working there nothing stopping
anyone from using github to supply patches and diff in the usual way. A git hub
pull request can be converted directly into a patch file and applied easily.

There's one outstanding issue in how do we close pull requests, I asked this
before but no one seem to know the answer.

I don't think it would be possible to use github for the "official" whiteboards
as it brings up a number of issues for infra and the ASF ie knowing who
contributed, licensing issues etc etc basically the normal issues for bit of
donated code.