On 3/24/13 9:20 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Did you consider that this change will break all third-party IList
>> implementations?
> Just wondering how common that would be? Over the years I used it quit often
> but can't recall needing to implement it. The AS3 commons collections use
> there own (different) IList interface.
Dunno, but that's why I didn't actually veto.  But I would not want to cause
someone who did implement it to not migrate to Apache Flex because of it.

>> I would prefer that you revert this change and create an IList2 interface.
>
> That seems ugly. How about putting the interface in the Apache namespace and
> having the classes in question implement both IList interfaces? That way it's
> backwards compatible and new code can use if if need be.

If you call it org.apache.flex.collections.IList, you might have to fully
qualify IList in other places in the code.  I don't really care what we call
it or what package it goes in.  Could call it IListWithRemoveItem.  Carlos
will find out if he tries to do what you suggest because he'll find himself
fixing a bunch of files again or not.  The fact he had to change all of
those SDK files was a first clue that this could impact third-parties.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team