On 3/24/13 9:42 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> The fact he had to change all of those SDK files was a first clue that this
>> could impact third-parties.
> Another possibility (possibly a little less useful but 100% 3rd party
> compatible) is to leave the interface as it was before (perhaps with the new
> method commented out to indicate it exists) and keep the new methods?
That's a possibility, or create a utility class that implements that method.
I doubt there is significant performance gains by implementing it over and
over again in several places.

Really, the documentation for that method should come with a warning that it
does a linear search and that for large data sets, some other mechanism
should be used to remove items.  I don't write real applications like you
folks do, but I would first make sure that I absolutely needed a method like
this.  For example, if you are deleting an object selected from a List, you
already have the selectedIndex.  Or if you know something about the data and
its sort order, you can sometimes know to start at the end and work
backwards.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team