On 3/25/13 3:02 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really don't see this as a really big deal.
>
> Even if someone implemented ILIst. The first time they try to compile, they
> will see a compile error that they didn't implement the new methods. All you
> really need to do is add a blank function.
>
> Are we worried about compiled libraries that the user does not have to source
> to? Is that a real concern?
I've been told that some large companies have lots of legacy code they don't
like to touch.  That's why we did the Marshall Plan.  Also, I am concerned
that there are third-party libraries out there without anyone maintaining
them (Parsley for example).

I don't have any more final word than anyone else, I just want to make sure
we think this is the right move.  Breaking custom spark skins was one thing
because there were fewer existing projects depending on it and those
projects would be recent, but Ilist has been around for a long time.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team