Hi,

> Once again, Git != GitHub.
So we should either support it or not support it. Having a mirror in Github and
not supporting it reflects badly on the project.

>  We should not make any changes to our repo to accommodate GitHub.
Then we shouldn't support it and remove it. Is that what you want?

> Other than that we should not spend more time on this 'issue'.
This is an issue because it's seen by the wider community. I agree it's mostly
irrelevant to active committers but it is an issue for someone who does a pull
request and that request is ignored for several months. It an issue because
github says no changes have happened in the project for 3 months (and people
tweet about it) when the actual fact is that changes happen every other day.