On 11/18/13 1:33 PM, "Erik de Bruin" <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>>>By the way, did you see my commit for the defaults for the command
>>>line arguments to FalconJx? Having those should make the launch files
>>>a bit lighter, not having to set these arguments and all.
>> No, I missed that.  How does it work?  FalconJX is also picking up the
>> -library-path and main mxml file from the FB config, but having a way to
>> pick up the other options would be great too.
>
>They are actually overrides of the defaults set in the Configuration
>class and it's super classes. Nothing special, nothing dynamic ;-)
OK, I'll have to look into it.  I'm specifically interested in how the
-js-lib entries get set.

>> One thing I see coming up is that if you have a big enough project to
>>have
>> your own SWCs, once you cross-compile that SWC to a folder of JS files,
>> there is no automagic mapping of the library-path to the SWC to the
>>folder
>> of JS files for that SWC.  Maybe we can guess the folder of JS files
>>from
>> certain library-path entries?
>
>You mean: how does my main project (JS version) connect to the SWC (JS
>version, compiled previously/separately)? Not sure if that's possible
>at all, as I said in a previous thread. The GCC process ALL files
>together, calculating dependencies and renaming/inlining whatever it
>finds, from all over the files. Now, there are way to 'publish' the
>API of one project/SWC (export, externs) and tell another project
>about it, but I'm not sure we'll be able to that automagically...
Yes, we will have to handle the equivalent of external libraries, but in
this case I'm asking about other libraries that get linked/compiled-in at
publish time.  Consider this case:  In a large app with multiple
engineers, each one is assigned a SWC to work on.  Everybody's FB
workspace has each of the SWC projects and the one main app project.
Things are broken up to reduce compile time: changes to one SWC generally
don't affect the other SWCs.  The main apps' compiler settings has a
-library-path entry pointing to each SWC.  The SWF compiler sucks all of
the ABC code from those SWCs into the SWF.  On the JS side, those SWC
engineers can run COMPCJX and get a pile of JS files.  When building the
JS app, they should also get the benefits of not having to wait to
cross-compile every file from every SWC.  This works today if you add
additional -js-lib arguments to point to the other piles of JS code.  GCC
then compiles everything into one minified file.

So my question for this scenario was whether there would be a way to map
-library-path entries to -js-lib entries.  The folks setting up their
projects have a place to put the -library-path settings (in the compiler
options), but there isn't a place (other than the launch configs) to put
additional -js-lib folders.  Maybe the default output folder for the JS
code can be guessed from the -library-path settings?