>I thought Air followed redirects.  There must be code in the installer that
>does the right thing.  Feel free to find it and add it if it needs it.

I don't know either if AIR follows redirects or not, but the way it does was
not enough for downloading from sourceforge and we had to implement a specific
solution.
My concern is that it's really specific, and difficult to make generic.

Another point is that current Installer has conditional logic ( eg. if already
downloaded, don't download again) that will need to be implemented in
ant_on_air.
It's also missing <parallel> functionality, that would speed up downloads.
And I am sure that we will discover other things...
As you say, it's brand new stuff.

------
So may I open the discussion on an alternative approach:
After all, do we absolutely need that the installer be and AIR app?
The ant "core" lib is not that big (a few MB) so maybe we could build the
installer as a JAVA GUI app instead of an AIR app, that embeds the ANT lib.

I am not saying this will be easy, but at least it will be guaranteed to have
the same behavior, and opens up a full range of possibilities.

Thoughts ?

Maurice